Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Fun

Landon has finally decided the Easter bunny is cool. Our neighborhood had an egg hunt the weekend before Easter & getting to see the E.B. was definitely his favorite part. He was SO excited & ran right over to give him five. He even posed for a picture! They had bounce houses set up for the kids & a small petting zoo where he was most excited about two baby pigs. Daddy even took one for the team & went through a huge bounce house-ish obstacle course with him. After that they had the kids separated by age for an egg hunt. Landon got lots of goodies, but was more interested in the playground.
The next weekend was a big one for our family as I became an official member of the Catholic Church! The Easter Vigil was absolutely beautiful & I felt so blessed to have wonderful family & friends there to share such a special evening. There was a crazy storm that night, so we ended up losing power in the church about 1/2 way through. We finished the Vigil by candlelight which made it all the more memorable. That was also Landon's first time staying with a non-family babysitter! (other than our daycare provider of course) The vigil was 3 hours long & didn't start until 8pm so I knew it wouldn't be fun for a 2 year old. One of my old coworkers lives in our neighborhood & has a super sweet & responsible 17 year old daughter. I've known them for several years now, so although I was nervous to leave him with someone new I trusted her 100%. Of course she did a great job (despite a crazy storm that scared our dog into peeing in the floor & the power going on/off) & Landon said he had a lot of fun with her. Success!
On Easter Sunday my mom joined us for a get together at our in-laws house in Arlington. Our oldest niece Mia got to instruct the little kids in decorating the bunny shaped Easter cake. (She's the resident pro who has been doing it on her own for several years.) She enjoyed playing teacher & the little kids had a blast placing the jelly beans in the appropriate spots. However, I guess the temptation was too great for Landon because he decided to lean down & take a nibble on the bunny's ear! Needless to say, we had to save that part for him to eat later. The weather was great for lunch outside on the deck & for the kids to hunt Easter eggs. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful weekend!





Impatiently waiting for the egg hunt to start.


Cake decorating lesson

No comments: