We've also been doing some things around the house. We've got Landon's big boy room pretty much together. He likes getting into his new bed (with Disney cars bedding), but hasn't slept in there yet. We chose some paint for the room, but the color wasn't exactly what we had in mind, so hopefully we can get that finalized this weekend. We had a wooden patio cover built over our back porch a couple of weeks ago & bought some patio furniture. We've had breakfast outside a few times since then & have already decided it was a fabulous investment. It's so peaceful & I know we'll spend a LOT of time out there in the Fall/Spring.
Landon is obsessed with doing things outdoors lately which has become more difficult as it's gotten hotter. I think he would gladly sit outside 24 hrs a day chasing bubbles around. He loves to go for walks, ride his bike & draw on the concrete with chalk. We made our first summer trip to the pool last week & he enjoyed that a lot too. He talks nonstop & we're always amazed at the things he picks up. We also might be getting a taste of the 'terrible twos' as he's been getting more demanding & having temper tantrums. He's still a sweetheart most of the time, but those moments are definitely a test of our patience.
Oh, how could I forget to mention the Great Daycare Disaster? Landon has gone part time to the same in-home daycare since he was 4 months old. I've mentioned her on our blog before b/c she's been absolutely wonderful over the years & we couldn't imagine trusting anyone else with him. Well...about 2 weeks ago she sent a text to the parents one evening saying effective immediately she could no longer watch kids. To this day she hasn't returned phone calls or made any additional contact. I'm still upset to have it end that way after 2.5 years of her watching Landon! Naturally I was a complete wreck over having to find someone else to watch Landon with such short notice...I mean finding someone you trust to watch the most important thing in your life is no small task! (Particularly when you're pregnant & hormonal!) Darren & I were able to juggle our schedules the first week & I got in contact with the mom of two other kids who had gone to the same daycare. Her children had also gone there for years so we were on a mission to find a good place where all 3 kids could go so they'd at least have the familiarity of each other for the transition. After many sleepless nights we finally found a new in-home provider. She's a little farther away...15 mins whereas our previous place was about 5...but it seems to be going well so far. Landon says he has fun there & gets excited about going so that's a relief to me. He's got his two little friends there who were also thrilled to see him. I'm pretty sure the transition was more difficult for the moms than the kids.
Other than all of that craziness we're just waiting for our new little guy's arrival. I have Dr appts every other week for the rest of this month, then weekly during July. Last week the Dr was estimating him to be 4 lbs & thinks he'll end up being around Landon's size at birth. Eight weeks still seems really far away, even though I know it will be here before we know it!
Feeding birds in Port Aransas with Uncle Kevin & Amber
Daddy, Landon & great grandma Klement
With mommy at a family wedding
Riding bikes with his good pal Elizabeth
Enjoying our new covered patio
Visiting the fire station
No comments:
Post a Comment