Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's Day

I didn't realize how far behind I've gotten on updates! March flew by. We made a trip to Houston & spent time with the Collins, Basford & Singleton families at the beginning of the month. It was our first time meeting Geoff & Tamara's son Michael. We had such a fun weekend with everyone, but unfortunately I couldn't find my camera while we were there, so I didn't get any pictures! I found it in the bottom of Landon's bag when we got back & unpacked, but I'm still sad over the photo ops lost. The next weekend we met another new friend, Elisabeth (friends Kaycee & Brandon's daughter), who was only two weeks old. Landon did a pretty good job of being gentle around the baby, but made sure I didn't get too used to holding her. After several reschedules, we finally got together with Darren's family to celebrate his mom's February birthday this month. Then my mom came up for a visit & we got to see snow again. Last weekend we visited the Fort Worth Zoo with our friends, the Bowden family. The weather was gorgeous & we had a great time. Landon was only a year old for our previous zoo visit, so this time he was able to walk around & really enjoy it.
Landon had his 18 month appointment & got a thumbs up on everything from the Dr who said he was doing great. I can't even list all of the words he says now, but a few we hear a lot lately are shoe, sock, snow, baby, go & night night. He also says several short sentences like 'what was that?' He tries to repeat everything, so of course we have to watch what's said around him. He's started brushing his own teeth & he gets really excited about it when we hand him his little toothbrush. He absolutely loves being outside. He runs to the door, holds onto the knob & says 'go!' He's so much fun & we love seeing him learn new things. Here are some recent pictures.

No comments: