Friday, February 12, 2010

Record Snowfall

I haven't written in awhile, so I'll try to give a quick update. We had record snowfall in N. Tx earlier this month. We had over a foot of snow within 48 hours! So far Landon's not really a fan of the snow. He can't walk in it very well & it's cold & wet, so I see why he might not see it as a fun thing to do just yet. I snapped a few quick pictures since it's snow in Tx & you pretty much feel obligated to get pictures, right? We took a trip to Corpus in January to visit my dad, brother & grandparents. Everyone was suitably impressed with Landon's walking abilities. The last time they saw him he was still crawling & now he's running around!

Landon is a very busy little boy these days. For a long time when I'd put someone on speaker phone he'd just stare at it. Now he'll carrying on a conversation (in toddler speak of course). He'll also walk around with an old cell phone up to his ear pretending to talk to someone. He will stand on top of anything he can climb...from toys, to furniture, to the dog. We have to put a stop to it a few times every day. Of course I think part of the fun is being told he's not supposed to do it. He's also into everything. He's unloaded pretty much every drawer in the house multiple times. I find pieces of paper, toys & sippy cups stashed in the kitchen drawers daily & we can't keep him out of the dishwasher. He can open the door by himself & loves to 'help' by unloading the dishes & utensils from the bottom rack...whether they're clean or not. And if it's empty, he likes to open the door & sit on it, or pull the rack completely out & roll it around the floor. We just got a new appliance lock to try out, so let's hope it works! He had four molars come in at the same time, but they didn't seem to bother him too much. I can't believe he'll be 18 months old this weekend!


No comments: