Thursday, June 24, 2010

June

I feel like I have a lot to catch up on because we've had something every weekend lately. I need to update more often so I can remember everything. First, now that they've made it public knowledge, Darren's sister Brenda & her husband Jeff surprised everyone on Mother's Day with the exciting news that Alex is going to be a big sister! She's due around Thanksgiving so we'll have even more to be thankful for this year!

We made a trip to Corpus early in the month to visit my family & had so much fun. Landon got to feed horses, throw fish food in the pond & ride mules(ATVs, not the animal) around my grandparents' ranch. We also did some swimming & a lot of playing. He had such a good time & we love getting to see his wonder & excitement over new things.

The following weekend we got together with family in Muenster to celebrate Landon's great grandma Klement's 90th birthday! There are so many kids in the family for Landon to run around & play with. He always has a great time in Muenster. He discovered the wonder of balloons for the first time & was occupied for hours! Landon's great-great grandma Whitford (my side of the family) celebrated her 95th birthday the week before, so June was a month of family milestones!

We celebrated Father's Day at home last weekend. Darren got a picture of Landon wearing his work boots on a canvas with a cute poem overlay for Father's Day. I'm so thankful that Darren is such a wonderful husband & father!

Other than family visits, we've just been chasing Landon around. He's constantly on the run! Uncle Kevin gave him a blow up ball pit that he absolutely loves. He's discovered the fun of throwing the balls over the upstairs railing much to my dismay, but I'm happy it keeps him occupied while I put his clothes away or get his bath ready. He loves being outside & would probably stay out in the sweltering heat until he turned to a crisp if we let him. Unfortunately for our dog Casey he also loves chasing her around the house with his popping mower, but she's getting a lot of exercise. :) Last weekend the Cars movie was on TV & he kept pointing at the tv, yelling 'Cars!' & clapping. He had popcorn for the first time during the movie too & it was a big hit. He talks a lot & surprises us with the funny things he picks up like saying 'bad dog!' to Casey. He's graduated from the high chair to sitting in his booster seat at the table. We're still working on utensils. He likes to use them more for drum sticks on the table than for getting food from his plate to his mouth. One of our neighbors has adorable puppies that we've played with a lot & Landon's done a great job of being gentle with them. Between work, home & everything else, the days often feel chaotic, but we wouldn't change it for the world!

I'll add pictures later, but here is a video from our fun on the ranch. Darren has uploaded several other videos that I think you should be able to see if you click on the little drop down menu above this video on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkHfVZzp6HA

No comments: