I realize I might be in the running for bad blogger of the year with my two month hiatus, but I'll try to do a lot of catching up. Landon turned one last Saturday, on Aug 29th. We had cake & ice cream at the house with some friends & family. I'd been singing happy birthday to him all week so he'd know it was a fun thing when everyone was staring at him & thankfully it worked. He had a great time opening presents, smiled while everyone sang & dug right into the cake. I still can't believe it's been a whole year! At his one year appointment this week he weighed 25.5 lbs & was 31 inches long. He's in the 75-90% for weight & top of the 95th for height. He's not walking on his own just yet, but gets braver everyday. He got a push and ride firetruck from Mimi & Grandpa for his birthday & he loves to walk behind that. He's drinking cow's milk now & eating 'real' food. He has 6 teeth total & his hair is getting really long. He loves playing ball & riding pretty much anything. He got a wagon from Grammy for his birthday & daddy made him a wooden rocking horse, so those & the firetruck are a big hit when he can get someone to push/pull/rock him. Needless to say mommy & daddy are getting more exercise around the house lately! He started saying 'duck' about 2 months ago & has also said 'Casey' a few times. (Our dog's name) He recently started waving bye-bye, but waves towards himself (as if saying come here). He shakes his head 'no' when he doesn't want something & loves to be tickled or held upside down. I'm sure there are little things I'm missing b/c it's been so long since I've updated everyone, but here are a few recent pictures.
Part of the reason I went two months without an update...we were in between computers for a couple of weeks.
1 comment:
I hope you had a wonderful 1st Birthday Landon. Sorry we couldn't be there to help you celebrate!
We love you! -- Tamara & Geoff
Post a Comment