Wednesday, April 11, 2012

And 6 months later...

Well, obviously this is something I haven't had a whole lot of time to keep updated so I'll try to do a quick rundown. Tyler just turned 8 months old & weighs about 20 lbs. He's such a happy & good natured baby. People comment all the time about how much he smiles. He's getting pretty good at sitting up. If he loses focus he'll still fall over, but he can sit by himself & play with toys for quite awhile. His eyes are still blue! (Darren has blue eyes while Landon & I have brown.) He doesn't have any teeth yet but eats some soft foods like steamed veggies & mashed up banana in addition to baby food. He says da-da all the time & has started clapping recently.

Landon has grown a lot too. It's gotten a lot tougher for me to pick him up. He's super active. I feel like he falls about 20 times/day because he runs, climbs & jumps everywhere he goes. We still find ourselves laughing at the crazy things he says on a daily basis too. The other day Darren told him to do something & he said "Is that a challenge?!" in this cartoon super-hero type voice. He loves being outside & playing with friends. He's still great with Tyler. He loves making him laugh & showing him toys. I know he can't wait for Tyler to get big enough to play more. We finally crossed the potty training hurdle awhile back too. We're still doing pullups at night, but the rest of the time he wears underwear & does great. Yay!!!

We got a new niece since I last updated! My brother & Amber welcomed sweet little Kenzie into the world in February. Landon has been talking about baby Kenzie getting here for months so he was thrilled to make a trip down there to see her.


Here are some recent pictures:


Landon holding his newest cousin, Kenzie



Darren & I at a friend's wedding in March (our 1st night without kids in ages! Thanks mom!)

Bluebonnet pictures!




Waiting for the community egg hunt to start

EB pictures weren't great this year, but at least I got one.


Tyler's 1st trip to the zoo 4.4.12

Landon mapping our route at the zoo

No comments: