Sunday, October 19, 2008

Already falling behind

Landon is 8 weeks old today! He's staying awake more during the day, so it's taken me a week of 5 minute sessions to update our blog. Landon spent his first official evening with a babysitter (my mom) while Darren & I went to a wedding in FW a couple of weeks ago. It was nice to get out, but I'll admit I missed him the whole time & couldn't resist a few check-ins to make sure he was ok. The next day Landon attended his first birthday party, for cousin Mia who turned 5 years old. He slept through a lot of the festivities, but had a great time.
Landon smiling during a nap & Aunt Brenda with cutie pie cousin, Alex.

The birthday girl blowing out her candles & mommy with Landon.

At his one month appointment he weighed 10.11 lbs & was in the 75th percentile for height & weight. He had to get a shot and I'm not sure who was more upset...Landon or mommy.
We took a week-long trip around the state visiting some family & friends, many of whom met Landon for the first time.
Landon with the Basfords
With his great-grandmother & great-grandaddy Hunter at the ranch(left) & Five generations(right): Grandma Hunter, great-grandma Devenport, great-great-grandma Whitford & mommy.

We also have a new niece to announce! Darren's sister Susan & her husband Brent adopted a beautiful baby girl last week. Her name is Bella & she was born Sept 19th. Mia will be a great big sister!


Here are a few pictures of Landon from this week. He's getting so big!

A few years ago I gave Darren a firefighter build-a-bear & ended up with two of the fire outfits. Darren decided to see if it fit Landon earlier this week & it did...just barely. (or should I say bear-ly? he he...)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG this is the cutest pic - and how funny that Darren would think of it - little firefighter Landon and his partner - just adorable.

the novosads said...

Great Picture....clever idea. Your a clepto...you know you stole that outfit...you had it all planned. Love your family blogspot. What a beautiful family you have....and I like the picture with your mother, grandmother, greatmother...those are always so cool. I visited Odem last week. Same ol' same ol'.